Prof.dr.habil. Rodica Frenţiu - head
Head of the Asian Language and Literature Department and the ‘Sembazuru’ Centre for Japanese Studies, from their establishment (2008). She published critical editions of old Romanian texts. She majored in the domain of cultural semiotics and Japanese poetics, publishing a series of volumes and studies. She translated famous Japanese writers’ works into Romanian, thus making them known to the Romanian public. She is also renowned for her Japanese calligraphy exhibitions (clip video), which were organized across the country, but also in Japan, being rewarded with The Golden Prize (2016) and The Platinum Prize (2017) at Connect the World International Japanese Calligraphy Exhibition. Global Shodo @ Yasuda [Hiroshima, Japan].
Lect.dr. Florina Ilis
Writer and researcher. She published studies and articles about Japanese culture and literature, having a particular interest in the evolution of the Japanese aesthetic concepts (mono no aware, wabi, sabi, yugen, etc.), and an in-depth analysis of the first Japanese novel, Genji monogatari, written at the beginning of the 11th century. She published a haiku volume in collaboration with Rodica Frențiu, Haiku and Calligrams, as well as the novel Five Coloured Clouds on the Sunrise Sky, in which the author artistically highlights the Japanese experience.
Lect. dr. Oana Bîrlea
Graduate of the Faculty of Letters, the Japanese-English field of study, benefited from a scholarship at Kobe University, Japan (2013-2014) and was a doctoral student of the Doctoral School of Linguistic and Literary Studies, BBU, Cluj-Napoca (coordinator: Prof. univ. dr. habil. Rodica Frențiu). Her research focuses on the exploration of the Japanese advertising speech from the perspective of the pragmatics and cultural semiotics.
Drd. Ioana Toşu
Graduate of the Japanese-Korean Language and Literature field of study, Faculty of Letters, Babes-Bolyai University, Cluj, 2012-2016; benefited from a one year scholarship at the Kobe University, Japan, 2015-2016, under the partnership between the Babes-Bolyai University and the Kobe University; doctoral student at the Doctoral School of Linguistic and Literary Studies, BBU (coordinator: Prof. univ. dr. habil. Rodica Frentiu); her research thematic is: ‘Perspectives of translating Japanese comics (manga) and animation movies (anime) into Romanian: cultural transfer and linguistic particularities.
Drd. Ciliana Tudorică
Doctorand în cadrul şcolii Doctorale de Studii Lingvistice şi Literare (coordonator: prof. univ. dr. habil. Rodica Frenţiu) şi copywriter. A absolvit Facultatea de Litere, specializarea "Japoneză-Engleză" şi masteratul "Relaţii Publice şi Publicitate" al Facultăţii de ştiinţe Politice, Administrative şi ale Comunicării. în 2017 a primit o bursă de studiu la Universitatea Kobe, Japonia, pentru a cerceta modul în care este percepută plasarea de produs în animaţia japoneză. în prezent, cercetarea ei se axează pe studiul caligrafiei japoneze, această tematică fiind abordată prin prisma semioticii culturale.
HONORARY MEMBERS- INVITED CONTRIBUTORS:
- H.E. Mr. Ambasador Natsuo Amemiya - Japanese Embassy in Romania
- Professor emeritus Yoshihiko Ikegami, PhD- Universitatea Tokyo, Japonia
- Prof. emeritus Fumito Shimizu - Ehime University, Japan
- Conf. Shino Takahashi - Ehime University, Japan
- Prof. Hiroshi Hayashi - Kobe University, Japan
- Prof. emeritus Ikuko Seguchi - Kobe University, Japan
- Prof. Ota Reiko - Showa Women's University, Tokyo, Japonia
- Prof. Senshu Nishida (master calligrapher) - Showa Women's University, Tokyo, Japonia
- Prof. Dr. Toshiyuki Sadanobu - Kyoto University, Japan
- Prof.Dr. Ken Sasaki - Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan
- Prof.Dr. Arita Setsuko - Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, Japan
- Prof.Dr. Dezső Benedek - Georgia University, U.S.A.
- Prof. Emiko Higashi (sumi-e master) - Tokyo, Japan
- Univ. Prof. Michael Finkenthal, PhD - The John Hopkins University, USA/The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Tamao Ohisa
- Mio Sekiya
- Ryoko Migaki
- Anamaria Brănescu, 3rd year student, Japanese-Norwegian
- Elena Bulău, 2nd year student, Japanese-English
- Andreea Defta, 2 year student, Japanese-English
- Andreea Ion, 2nd year student, Japanese-English
- Radu-Ştefan Sabou, 2nd year student, Japanese-Finnish
- Mălina Crişan, 1st year student, Japanese-English
- Alin-Florin Moldovan, 1st year student, Japanese-English
- Paula-Jenifer Biblia, 2nd year student, Japanese-Norwegian
- Mălina-Mihaela Hardulea, 2nd year student, Japanese-Spanish
- Paula-Patricia Pantea, 2nd year student, Japanese-Comparative Literature
- Tasia-Maria Diugan, 3rd year student, Japanese-English
- Patricia Dumitrescu , 3rd year student, Japanese-Chinese
- Maria-Alexandra Mâtcă, 3rd year student, English-Japanese
- Claudiu Aldea, 1st year student, graduate student
- Daniela Păun, 1st year student, Japanese-English field of study